This course covers topics dealing with financing a business, analysis of financial statements, working capital management, short-and long-term financial planning, budgeting and control.
1. Describe and interpret the four standard financial statements.
2. Describe the importance of current assets and liabilities.
3. Calculate and interpret standard business ratios including: current, inventory turnover, gross margin (profit), ROA, ROE, EPS, and A/R Days.
4. Discuss the difference between markup and margin.
5. Calculate break-even points and units needed to make profit levels.
6. Calculate working capital and estimate minimum cash reserves.
7. Track cash flows for an organization.