This course introduces the framework of the law as it affects a business, including the origins of the American legal system, how the law operates, and how it is enforced. It covers legal regulation of business, including civil and criminal law, formation of contracts, employment law, environmental regulation, real estate, and consumer rights.
1. Explain the origins of the American legal system.
2. Apply elements of law to specific individual and business scenarios.
3. Understand the requirements for a valid contract and apply those requirements to specific contractual activities.
4. Recognize the interconnectedness of the legal system to business, society, and the environment.
5. Explain the impact of the uniform commercial code, UCC, on the business environment.