Math of Biological/Management/Social Sciences presents intuitive development of the calculus of polynomial, exponential and logarithmic functions, and extrema theory and applications.
1. Apply calculus to solve problems with confidence, persistence, and openness to alternate approaches.
2. Interpret and communicate the concepts of rates of change and derivatives.
3. Connect the graphical behavior, numerical patterns and symbolic representations of function and derivatives.
4. Collaborate to solve calculus problems related to their field of study.
5. Recognize when and how to proficiently apply calculus tools to solve problems in business management, social sciences and and biological sciences.
6. Use a graphing calculator and/or other technology to solve applied problems.